Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Had to sleep in...


I missed the 9am start time with the Old Coot and friends at his latest favorite riding spot Adams Farm, in Walpole. So I went for another off road ride this morning in search of hills. Riding solo doesn't really bring out the adrenaline but I needed to de-stress from the past week at work, and formulate some ways to economise on my energies to get through this week. The boss is off on vacation for the next 10 days, we're short-handed, and I'm out of my usual work patterns, having to second-guess my way through his responsibilities and improvise every bloody second. I'm on for at least 75 hours this week. So my stress level is skyrocketing even as I try to relax. Getting on the bike of course is always a great stress reliever, so I headed to the Hills (Blue that is)....
I managed to ride for 2 hours on and off the yellow arrow loop, with a one-time diversion up the length of the access road. Roadies do repeats on this almost-one-mile-of-pain. I rode alongside a guy on a road bike and finished 10 seconds behind him, in about 9 minutes. I don't really have any data to go on or what to expect from myself, but that seems like a respectable pace. After all , we both have the same wheel circumference... The goal as mentioned in my last post is to be able to climb Mt Mansfield in less than an hour, at the end of the month.
This week's training sessions are blown with the work situation, but I'll try to ride to work two days. At least it's a big uphill ride there. And coming down at night flashing like a christmas tree is one of the best ways I know to shake off a long days work.

No comments:

Post a Comment