Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Friday, August 20, 2010

in training

Still in training for the Big Hill, I rode to work three outof 5 days. The first two having been fairly standard--a few extra miles thrown in at each end of the workday--but the third was considerably longer. I had a couple of hours to play with, so after dropping he car off for service, I took the long way over to the Blue Hills, through Braintree and Randolph, and snaked my way through, attacking every hill with everything I had. It was getting hot mid-morning, and at one point I felt I might overheat, so I stopped and chugged some more water, and walked abit. It was amazingly peaceful in the woods, and walking reminded me of how quiet hiking is without the wind whistling by my ears... BUT that didn't last long, as soon as I saw the nice long downhill run approaching, I had to get back on...
With at least 20 miles gone I got to work with an hour to spare, so I partially drip-dried myself outside before clocking in a half-hour early.

No comments:

Post a Comment