Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Apples to Apples?

So I dusted the cobwebs off the ol Ted Wojcik yesterday and took er for a spin. Aired up the tires and hit the regular marsh loop. I was gonna take it easy and 'get used to it again'. Right away realizing remembering that this bike likes to go fast, about 90 seconds into the ride, I blew my first stop sign and didn't look back. My first lap blew away the 29er time by 2 minutes. How could this be? The first ride around on the 29er blew away the Ted by 2 minutes....so, the old brown bike has gained 4 minutes in 3 months?
I guess pedalling that piggish Redline is paying off--I've become stronger by pushin that thing around. I mean, it must be at least 6 pounds heavier, nevermind the rotational mass of the big'guns with regular tubes and such...
Which gets me to thinking, maybe I should race the Teddie at the Race to the Top of VT next month....I've been hemming and hawing about whether the 29er would make me faster or slower up the hill this year. Just thinking about not having a granny though is makin me tired...But I don't need a slower time this year, I'm at the top of the age range and don't want 30-something place or worse this year. Next year I'll be sandbagging though, up into that next age bracket.....
Time to do some beta-testing so I have some real stats to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment