Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Thursday, July 29, 2010

All Uphill from Here

In anticipation of the end-of-August 'Race to the Top of Vermont' , the 4.3 mile slog up Mt Mansfield on the toll road, I've been trying to focus on doing as many uphills as possible. Trying to work on my diet as well to reduce lactic acid and muscle fatigue as well. Never having really 'trained' for anything in particular, I'm learning as I go.
Last week's Ride of the Week was one where I found M Ramponi on the trail and we hammered out some great hill climbs in the hour and a half I had before going to work..I somehow managed to shake off most of the mud, sweat and dirt before entering the kitchen for my shift.
This week's Ride of the week has to go to a road ride with a good friend yesterday. We ground out close to 50 miles with lots of hills on another hot day, before again crawling into work for another 10 hours...
Sometimes work just gets in the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment