Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Friday, December 11, 2009

Like a Hamster

Spinning on the trainer. When it's raining, too cold, or just too snowy, it's a good option. It's also good for a quick workout without getting all suited up. No dirt, ticks, no cleanup after. Just a workout. Oh I've got it down to a little more interesting than that--crank up my favorite tunes, mute the tv.....
My 50 minute workout
I do 5 min warmup in a fairly easy gear, then go right into intervals. Every 5 min, 2 min of a higher gear. At about 35 min, I continue the higher gear for 3 more minutes, then switch to Big/Small(high) for a few more minutes, then proceed to warm down so that the last 5 minutes are back to the easy(middle/middle) gear.
I use a HRM for 'future reference'....and log all my workout info, inside or out....
If I do this workout consistently all winter, at least 3x/week, I'm feeling real good by opening day....of course, weather permitting, a ride/hike/snowshoe/xc ski outside is always better..

No comments:

Post a Comment