Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Saturday, June 9, 2007

One pet peeve.....

OK I was riding my road bike the other day, as I very seldomly do, but lately have had the inclination to 'get back into it'--funny because I was never 'into it'.......
But anyways I do have that nice Specialized 'Epic' carbon fiber-framed beauty that I do enjoy taking for a good workout especially those times when:
1) the trails are too wet
2) my mountainbike is up on the stand waiting for parts, or needs a major cleaning before I dare ride it again
3) I just wanna keep up some level of fitness and only have one hour(a one hour mountainbike ride needs at least one more hour just for preparation, maintenence, and cleanup/tick checking, etc)--this I can do right from my house, no driving to the trailhead.

So I was riding my road bike through the Blue Hills the other day. I came upon a Columbiano who no hablas ingles. Yo pregunto Que Pasa? He point to front tire of he nice aluminio K2 and I see that it is flat. So I stop completely and of course I offer my only tube. I quickly realize that he no comprendo taking the wheel off the bike. Now this guy is in full 'team' regalia and should know what the hell he's doing.
So I proceed to remove the offending tube and replace it with mine. He offers me 3 dollars, and I tell him best I can, that I'm just gonna take his (newer than mine)tube home and fix it and put it back in my seatpack. Muchas Gracias he say and we shake hands a few times and he tells me the Colombian restaurant where he works and I say yeah I'll come checkitout sometime, etc......all in my broken spanglish and his no speaky eengleesh......After I was back underway I realized that I never checked the tire for the offending particle, so he probably didn't make it far--).
What I no comprendo is how anyone who's out there obviously riding regularly not have the proper tools and parts and knowhow to fix the most basic of all repairs--a flat tire?

No comments:

Post a Comment