Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Friday, January 26, 2007

Nice day for a ride, eh?

January has been a rollercoaster month, temperature-wise.....Right now, it's 3 degrees above zero F. And yes, back in the day, maybe even last year, and maybe even again this year, I've been known to ride at similar temps. But today, I'll be happy just to warm my toes by the fire, until I'm good and ready to (maybe) workout on my trainer in the (chilly but not frigid) basement, or more likely, go to the Y on my trial one-month membership, and do the treadmill and some stretching....
I did manage to get one good twice-around the Creek on Monday, when it was 22 degrees warmer. Felt great to be outside breathing, the only buzzkill was when I was heading back onto the trail from 3A at the Creek crossing, I'm blinded by the lily-white ass of some geezer bent over right next to the trail pinching a loaf. I just had to laugh out loud as I churned by. That's not someone I want to stop to chat with....
I wish I had my digital camera, I woulda popped one and left it right here for you'all to admire. He woulda flipped, as I think he's a regular Quincy polititian or wannabee. But I don't need to be causin any feeble-assed heartattacks . Like I said, he was a geezer...
Either way, the fire's over there, and my toes arent getting any warmer under the desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment