Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Friday, January 5, 2007

My friend and I meet again....


Well it's the 4th of January and 60 degrees. I opt for a ride at Wompatuck, since I've been on the trainer a couple times this week, and the weather seems to just get better every day.....
I did my regular eclectic tour of the park, and thought I'd keep an eye out for my grouse friend. In the exact place we last met(last blog entry)she was nowhere to be found. As I continued on, down a paved section, then back onto a trail(about 5oo feet later), I hear something out of the corner of my eye(is that possible?).....a rustling of leaves....mind you I'm super-receptive at this point, since I'm still thinking I may see her again.....and there she is, CHASING me down the trail. I stop and put the bike down, she chirps, looks right at me, as if she's a cat wanting to play, or to eat.....
Then she jumps on my bike, and follows every move I make as I rummage through my camelbak looking for some dried cranberries even though I know I finished the trail mix last time, on the way home....
So I talk, she chirps, I talk......this goes on for a few minutes.,....I found the camera that I made sure to pack, discovering that I DID have another camera that was in there last time...no big deal, anyways.... So I just started shooting, getting all the angles......
Knowing that I couldn't be there all day, I hopped back on the bike, and she started chasing me again!! And closely, to the point that I had to make sure not to hit her with a pedalstroke, or with my rear tire....She chased for about 100 feet, and when I got up some speed she lost interest and stopped.
Just another day in the woods.....

No comments:

Post a Comment