Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Doubletrack

So I got out on a 'recovery ride', the day after Mother's Day. Those of you who know, know that Mother's Day is the biggest Day of the year in the restaurant business. The week leading up to it was hell, trying to make sure we had enough prep done ....then the weekend itself adding up to 42 hours just Friday Saturday and Sunday... add to that the running lack of help in the kitchen ....So by Monday I was burnt toast. I couldn't think about riding in the morning. I had yet to finish my chapter update, which kept me inside on the computer until noon. I lay about half the afternoon. Finally I dragged myself and my bike to BlueHills and started feeling better. "Didn't break any speed limits", as I reported in Strava, got 12 miles in and was glad I got out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment