Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What Lyme?

So it's been one week since I was diagnosed. I guess the Doxycycline is working! One day I felt feverish and achey. Now I feel as 'normal' as I can get. Someday I may elaborate on that, But for now, business as usual. This is the timeline, so far.
Sunday, July 15  Allegedly bitten by a deer tick while riding and trimming trails at Wompatuck SP
Tuesday, July 17 Noticed the huge rash just after a 20-mile road ride  No tick, but reddish central area. Made appointment.
Wed, July 18  20-mile road again, saw the NP and got the 'scrip Went to Sandwich and hung out on the beach later in the day
Thurs July 19 20-mile road .Feeling kinda achey through friday
Friday, July 20 20-mile road, feeling slow.
Sun  July 22  12 mile mountainbike ride
Mon July 23   another 12 miles on the quincy streets shuttling the car to and from the mechanic.
Wed July 25  planning on riding Duxbury tonight. Will scrub my skin off after.....
Mon, July 23
That's it. I consider myself VERY LUCKY not to have had any of the symptoms my friends have had, and to have caught it early!

No comments:

Post a Comment