Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Monday, January 11, 2010

Leave the Bike Inside

The wintry conditions have me off the bike, outside that is....
When I'm not on the trainer in my free time, I've been enjoying some of my favorite biking trails (and some I never ride due to dumb restrictive park policies) on snowshoes. With a $99 pair of high-tech shoes, I can get out there for 2 hours, breathe the fresh air and get away from it all. Even better with a group or a couple of friends, as long as I'm dressed for it, and my toes don't get cold, I'm good....
Layer clothing in the same way as for a ride, but add an extra easily removable layer just in case...gaiters and neck wrap help...... same food/hydration......same camelbak
No helmet.

No comments:

Post a Comment