Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Been crashing too much lately.....

Or is it that I have way too much time on my hands the past coupla weeks......?
Last week I broke my chain twice, same ride . OK I gotta handle on that, I straightenend the offending bent derailleur hanger, replaced the drivetrain, good to go. Then I'm JRA in Wompy the other day. Just starting out, come upon two women riders and  helped fix a chain. Off I go again. Later on I bump into them again, and, preparing to stop and chat. Always trying to be so cool and shit I find that I can't clipout in this rock garden, and WHAM! down I go, right in front of the ladies. SMOOOOTH! "I meant to do that! he-he"(Pee-Wee Herman-style...)
I thought the worst of it for the rest of the day as I prepared to go to work, as my left calf seemed to have a bulge in it. Come to realize, that's just my bulging calf   ;-)) 
Then, today, taking the bike cold outta the trunk and slapping the wheels on, went for the holeshot outta the driveway. Obviously, the drivetrain wasn't ready for that. WHAM!! ruined the quick link and went down sideways real quick on the dirt road. Getting up all dusty and bleeding again with the bars twisted backwards looking all dorky, I look up to see a nice neighborhood mom walking her dog and she say "you okay?" concernedly....I say " I'm okay, hope the bike is", all the while pretending again, that I meant to do that.......
So I put a new quick link in, give it a quick spin, and off I go for my two laps. Uneventful except that I couldn't do my average ride speed since I was so shaken up.  From now on, I will always spin the wheels a few times easy to make sure the bikes ready to go before I powerup like that. And  " don't put everything you got into one pedalstroke" is my new motto. But fortunately, the bike is OK, but I think I twisted the brake lever on the carbon bar very slightly......time to replace. NOW!
Here's some pics for viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment