Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Monday, May 5, 2008

A Different Year

This year has turned out to be different. Work is more demanding both
physically and mentally, than ever. I see the trail about once a week.
The other times that I do get when I could ride, sometimes I just
don't want to. That's not good.
The good thing is that I've been biking to work, so I can get as long
of a ride as I want at either end of the day. Nights have been my
session of choice, but I really need lights, so I can really see where
I'm going.....I did buy a cool little rear blinky by Planet Bike that
has 7 red leds, all facing a different direction, and it's bright. My
vision at night isn't as good as day, but there's less road
competition at night and usually they have their lights on......I ride
my older GF HooKoo, as I don't really want to ride my 3 thousand
dollar trail bike to work.......and the road bike at night scares me,
since I can't see the potholes as easily and I'd be going
faster........
That said, I did get a good road bike ride in today, and it feels good.
Hoping that all the road work will pay off next time I hit the trail......

No comments:

Post a Comment