Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Yep! It's cold again!

The toys ride went off as usual bringing so many people outta the woodwork. It's always good to see all those smiley red-faced helmet-heads chattin' it  up at the BH VC pre-and post ride.......

the cold
it numbs my toes
it brings me in to the warm gathered room
of friends old and new noshing and enjoying
the company and a warm beverage and a glimpse of 'santa'
it brings me in to duct-tape my shoes
insert chemical toe warmers
it brings me outside to warmup the lycra carefully, by the bonfire
to meet my friends before the ride
it gets me back on the bike
onto the trail
with friends old and new bouncing down, climbing up,
trying old dreaded technical sections and making them
speeding, drag-racing, clipping in and out
it gets my lungs burning, my nose dripping and freezing and falling off
it gets my adrenaline up, my fears down
it numbs my toes
it brings me back to that warm gathered room
full with friends old and new
back to the bonfire with warm beverage in hand
and makes me forget about
the cold

Thanks to all who came and donated and/or braved the coldest day of the year(so far)!!
Happy Holidays and don't let the cold keep you inside...........

No comments:

Post a Comment