Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation

Reflection, Reparation, Repentation, Rejuvination, and Recreation
Having fun on the Midnight Beast

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Today's Doubleheader

It's freakin'hot! So to the beat the heat, I started my Blue Hills ride at 7 am. Early by most standards, but a necessity for some of us......
Up Coon Hollow, down the access road. Up the ski-slope , down the access road 1/2 way, to just above the Wolcott to Border trail for a nice long cruising down.
Didnt do much of the South side , riding alone to me is boring.  A church needs a congregation....Although I did bump into my friends from Dave's Bike Infirmary who were bouncing down Coon Hollow.......
An hour and a half was more than enough of that.
So I figured since I have all morning to kill--wife & kids are gone for two days--what  better way to celebrate this newfound freedom than to continue riding. I found myself on the highway heading for Wompy, where I knew there was a group ride in session, and 'maybe' I'd find them. No sooner did I pull in that a new aquaintance of mine arrived to ride solo, a fairly new rider, so we teamed up and I showed him some of the finer Wompy trails on the left side.
Another hour and a half of swimming through the hot humid air--actually not bad compared to driving in the shite--we were cooked.
Don't really know wht tha point of this post was, and it's to freakin hot to sit here and type while I could be relaxing in the kiddie pool, so that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment